Joining me on today’s episode of Scaling Freelance is Eléna Potter and Kate Busby. Eléna is a freelance designer and illustrator in Chicago and Kate is a freelance web developer who is remote in Lisbon right now. They came together to form the boutique web design studio, fittingly called Busby-Potter. And by teaming up, they offer start to finish websites with Eléna handling the design and Kate handling development.
Eléna, Kate and I discuss:
- How they quit their 9-5 to become full-time freelancers
- How to get clients as a new freelancer
- Hourly vs Value-based pricing (and why this can make you $$$$)
- What it’s like being a nomadic freelancer
- Why they decided to partner up instead of staying solo-freelancers.
People to Follow: