Our guest today is Bizzy Coy! Bizzy is a freelance writer based out of the woods in upstate New York. She writes website copy, emails, and event description. This was an amazing episode where we dig into a lot of the nitty gritty details of her freelance business!
Bizzy and I talk about
- Her path from Full-time agency employee -> full-time remote -> part-time freelance -> full-time freelance!
- Why her pricing model right now is retainer-based
- How to work with small number of clients on a consistent basis
- Getting to a point where you don’t have to chase clients
- What a retainer agreement actually looks like
- Time tracking sucks! Here’s how to stop doing it.
- Long-term relations are so much better than one-off projects
- How to handle burn out on agency life, city life, commutes, and giant mice
Freelancer Fav Five
– Setting the Table by Danny Meyer
– Kristen Gaerlan (Website | Twitter)